A Big Surprise

#1 Pox Mania- all over Fits’s face this morning:), very sad.

#2 Meeting had a big surprise…Mesfin the birth dad, did a surprise drop by. Yep! We were shocked! Meeting was extremely emotional, but in all things the Lord was there in big ways. Mimi, the birth mom, prayed over the boys and she shared their stories, dreams and history. She is truly AMAZING. We will have no trouble loving her and sharing her goodness with our boys. The boys handled all of this amazingly.

#3 When asked why they chose the name Yonas, Mesfin said “well, because I love the story of Jonah in the Bible!” Of course, I burst out crying because of the 3 names that have the same meaning as Yonas in English, we chose Jonah. See what I mean? Blessing upon blessing despite the heartbreak and drama.

We are stretched and tired. We’ll never be the same but we’re ready to be home. Our kids, normal food, no nighttime chanting (praise Jesus), normal shower- we’ll share more, my kids, clean pj’s. God bless America land that I love! Can’t wait to share it all!

Did I mention I miss my three yo yo’s?

Love overflowing,

Amanda and Co.

4 comments:

  • Matt and Co. What an amazing story! We are thinking about you all and hope that you have safe and uneventful travels home. Heidi

  • Y'all even up the ante on the most emotionally charged situation imaginable!!! Those Yonans never do anything low-key!!! Maybe that's why we love you so much!!!
    So looking forward to Jonah & Fits in person! The McGees

  • Todd, Lori, Matt and Zach said...

    The Lord has sure made His face to shine upon you! We are overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord!!! What a mighty God we serve!
    We love you,
    Todd, Lori, Matt, and Zach

  • Our days have been colored with thoughts and prayers of you all with your boys! We are praising God for your connection with Mimi and Mesfin. This story is such a testimony of His sovereignty, grace and goodness! Can't wait to meet them, smooch them...
    praying for your travels...molitors

Post a Comment